spoon

Menu-Plan Monday: Making Do

Category:


I guess I should call it Menu-Plan Tuesday, since I'm posting late...
Our weekends have been packed full of activities latley (leaving little time for shopping), AND my local farmer's market closed for the season last month, so I'm extremely short on groceries this week. It will be a good opportunity to dig some things out of the freezer and get rid of them.

So here's what I've come up with:
  • Monday - Maple-brined Pork Chops with Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes from the freezer
  • Tuesday - Spaghetti Night
  • Wednesday - Broccoli Quiche with Pumpkin Muffins
  • Thurday - Tuna Tetrazzini (which is really just Emeril trying to avoid calling it what it is: Tuna Noodle Casserole)
  • Friday - Pizza Night
  • Saturday - Soup/Sandwich Night : Hot Dogs with Chili from Freezer
  • Sunday - Leftovers

Ok, so Thursday is going to be a tough sell, but at least it's not like the casserole many of us grew up with in the 70's. There's no "cream of anything" soup in it. And it still has the one and only redeemable ingredient from the original. No, not tuna...potato chips on top. Which means, I suppose, that Shortbread will be eating only potato chips that night.

You can pop over to I'm an Organizing Junkie to see what the other meal planners are doing this week; maybe some of them have groceries...

Comment (1)

That's Emeril for you, trying to pull the wool over our eyes. BAM!

I love the pork chops and broccoli quiche with pumpkin muffins. I'm guessing your recipe doesn't start with a yellow cake mix like mine does. :-)

I'm in making-do mode, as well. Sunday night, I threw together a beff-vegetable soup that turned out pretty good. If I do say so myself.